Sunday, April 03, 2005

buzz, spurt, zip

C64combo


The clocks in my house all seem to be in variance of each other by between five and ten minutes. I feel as if I exist in a soft time, nothing dramatic, but never quite at time, on time, in time but deffinitely moving forward. I wonder if I might blame the clocks on my oft time perplexity of things solid. The time has now jumped a full hour ahead, I remain soft.

Daft Punk-click, zoom, buzz. Daft Punk have once again spun together an album of electronic sounds from their limited pallet . What takes Daft punk to a different dimension of just plain fun is their unforgiving love of ROCK. From thrust-your fist-in-the-air power chords to massive drums, this duo are bananas for all that is great about 70’s cock rock. It is as if two kids from another solar system intercepted the whole KISS catalogue and sent their interpretation back to earth at Commodore-64 driven warp speed, farty sounds and all. This recording is often silly, but when it rocks it does so for all the right reasons. : Human after All(Virgin)

No comments: